The Sacramento region has attracted a number of high-profile celebrities and business leaders over the years. Here are some of the most famous people who own or have owned real estate in the area:
1. Kevin Johnson - Former NBA star and Mayor of Sacramento, Kevin Johnson has owned several properties in the Sacramento area over the years, including a home in the Land Park neighborhood.
2. Kunal Nayyar - Best known for his role on the TV show "The Big Bang Theory," Kunal Nayyar and his wife Neha Kapur own a home in the Sierra Oaks neighborhood of Sacramento.
3. Dave Brubeck - Jazz pianist and composer Dave Brubeck lived in the Sacramento area for many years, and owned a home in the Wilhaggin neighborhood of Sacramento.
4. Phil Angelides - Former California State Treasurer and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides owns a home in the Curtis Park neighborhood of Sacramento.
5. Meg Whitman - Business executive and former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, Meg Whitman owns a home in the Arden Park neighborhood of Sacramento.
6. Jerry Brown - Former Governor of California Jerry Brown owns a home in the Sacramento neighborhood of Curtis Park.
7. Eddie Murphy - Comedian and actor Eddie Murphy reportedly purchased a home in Granite Bay, a wealthy suburb northeast of Sacramento, in 1998.
These are just a few examples of the many high-profile individuals who have owned real estate in the Sacramento region over the years. The area's mix of urban and suburban neighborhoods, along with its proximity to the Bay Area, has made it an attractive location for both celebrities and business leaders.